The Tiger Effect
It is reported that the average age of Buick drivers has dropped from 65 to 55 in just 7 years thanks to pitchman Tiger Woods. Perhaps Tiger can help public radio change its demographics too. Imagine...
- Tiger missing his tee time because of a driveway moment.
- Tiger advising young golfers to calm their nerves with classical music.
- Tiger in a passionate discussion with his caddy about this week's news from Lake Wobegon.
- Tiger calling the Car Guys for tips on fixing his swing.
- Tiger training for distractions from the crowd by blasting opera over loud speakers during practice. “Eh via buffone” isn’t exactly “You Da Man” but such is the artistic license of advertising.
Hey, it could work. And the price tag is only something like $40 million. Maybe that's what it really costs to change the nature of the audience.